Leaf collection services are being handled by Advanced Disposal, NOT The City of Zion.
Any questions or problems, please contact Advanced Disposal at (847) 623-3870
Beginning October 29, 2018 Advanced Disposal will vacuum loose leaves from you parkway using the below schedule. The program will run for four weeks.
- Monday – East of Sheridan Road
- Tuesday – South of Route 173 to 27th St between Sheridan Rd and Gabriel Ave, and south of 27th St between Sheridan Rd and Ezekiel Ave.
- Wednesday – South of Route 173 to 29th St between Ezekiel Ave and Galilee Ave and south of 29th St between Ezekiel Ave and Lewis Ave.
- Thursday –North of Route 173 between Sheridan Road and Lewis Ave.
- Friday – South of Route 173 between Galilee Ave and Lewis Ave and all residents west of Lewis Ave.
- Rake leaves within 5 feet of the curb, but not into the street.
- Leaves deposited by either wind or rake more than 5 feet from the curb cannot be collected due to the reach of the vacuum arm.
- Leaf piles MUST be clean of any garbage or debris.
- Crews cannot vacuum piles off parkways if there is a vehicle parked in front of it.
- Once past, crews will not return for any reason.
- LEAVES WILL NOT BE VACUUMED UP IN THE ALLEY
Advanced Disposal Service will also start collecting leaves and other yard waste placed in bags or cans until November 30th.
Branches must comply with their policy and not be more than 2 inches in diameter per branch, bundled and tied with biodegradable string or twine
and not more than 18 inches in diameter per bundle.