City of Zion Electric Aggregation
Background: Following the passage of a voter Referendum, the City of Zion contracted to procure electric supply in bulk for residents and small business owners. The average participating Zion resident enjoyed savings on their ComEd bills for a number of years.
The City has engaged a new program with Chicago-headquartered MC Squared Energy Services (MC2) for 13 months to August 2024 at the fixed rate of 7.39¢ per kWh. There is no enrollment fee, nor an early termination fee, should you ever choose to leave the program during the term.
Notices will be mailed to all residents and small businesses on May 23, 2023.
- Ratepayers receiving the opt out notice will automatically be enrolled at the fixed rate of 7.39¢ per kWh unless they take action to opt out. They may opt out by returning the post card included with the letter, calling MC2 at 833-811-0298, or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Ratepayers receiving the informative, opt in notice will need to call MC2 and provide their ComEd account information if they wish to participate. There is no fee to join. They will not be automatically enrolled because they:
- have switched to another supplier in a private contract; or
- participate in ComEd’s hourly-rate program (RRTP); or
- have solar panels generating their own power supply
- Savings is not guaranteed, but may be available vs. the ComEd rate. To discover the current month’s ComEd rate, visit www.ilagg.com/comed-rate
- No hidden fees, no additional monthly fees, no early termination fee
- Maximum flexibility to join or leave the program, and never an enrollment or switch fee
No one from MC2, ComEd, or the City will ever visit your home or call you to enroll. If a solicitor claims to be the City’s supplier, MC2, or ComEd, you are advised to take their information and report the incident to the ICC at www.icc.illinois.gov/complaints. Never reveal your ComEd account number or allow a solicitor to view your ComEd bill unless you are certain you wish to enroll with that supplier and have read all terms and conditions.
Electric Aggregation Program FAQs
- How can I enroll?
During the initial three-week opt out period you need do nothing if you received an opt out notice; you will automatically be enrolled unless you opt out.
- I have switched to another Supplier, but would like to join. Can I do this?
Yes. Call MC2 at 833-811-0298, Monday through Friday 8am to 5pm and provide your ComEd account number. Illinois regulations prohibit a supplier charging an early termination fee to switch.
- Will I get two bills, one from ComEd and another from the new supplier?
No. ComEd continues to bill for electric supply, delivery and taxes. ComEd delivers Electricity, and will continue to bill you, but they no longer supply it.
- If I am automatically enrolled, can I leave the program?
Yes. You will never be charged a termination fee.
- I am enrolled in a low-income assistance program. Will I still receive those benefits?
If you currently receive assistance via PIPP or LIHEAP, your status will not be affected.
- I am enrolled, or will soon be enrolling in Community Solar program. Does the program impact my Community Solar enrollment?
No. Any community solar generation credits you receive are independent of this aggregation program and will not be negatively affected
- What happens if I move?
If you remain within the City limits, call MC2 to re-enroll at your new address. Residents moving into the community may participate by calling 833-811-0298For specific questions about your own electric account, do not call City Hall; call the City of Zion’s aggregation program supplier MC2 Energy at 833-811-0298 Monday through Friday, 8am to 5pm. If you require additional assistance, call the City’s energy advisor, Illinois Aggregation Consultants at 312-751-2202. You may also email email@example.com with your questions.
The Illinois Commerce Commission provides additional information about energy deregulation in Illinois and energy supply choices at www.pluginillinois.org. To report an electrical outage, or for questions pertaining to your ComEd bill, always call ComEd at 800-334-7661.