City of Zion Green Electric Aggregation
History: Following the passage of a voter Referendum, the City of Zion contracted to procure electric
supply in bulk for residents and small business owners. The average participating Zion resident enjoyed
savings on their ComEd bills for many years.
The City is renewing our program with Chicago-based Eligo Energy IL, LLC. Ratepayers will be charged
exactly the ComEd rate with the added benefit of Green Energy via Midwest-generated Renewable
Energy Certificates (“RECs”) at zero added cost to ratepayers and the City.
Notices are mailed to residents and small businesses the last week of May and early June 2020. Some
accounts will move back to ComEd, others will stay with Eligo Energy, but all will pay the same rate!
- If your notice says, “Informative-Only Notice,” your account will remain at ComEd; there is nothing to do.
You are still considered a part of the program.
- If your notice says, “Green Aggregation Notice,” You need do nothing and you will be switched
to Eligo Energy. You will never pay more than ComEd’s rate. You have the choice not to support
the program, and opt out. If you do nothing, you will be enrolled with Eligo.
- If your notice says “ComEd Drop Notice” you are currently enrolled with aggregation supplier
Eligo, but will be moved back to ComEd. Need do nothing; you are still considered a part of the
program. Some accounts are simply moved to ComEd but the net effect for all is the same.
- If your notice says, “Opt-In Notice,” your account will remain at your current supplier, but you
may choose to opt in. Per Illinois law, you cannot be charged a fee to leave your contract.
Residents receiving one of the first three notices will be considered a member of the Zion Renewable
Aggregation program, and their energy usage will be offset by Renewable /Green Energy from
renewable generation sources.
• Guaranteed at the ComEd rate, with no rate risk of paying more than ComEd
• No hidden fees, no additional monthly fees, never a termination fee
• The City earns designation as a US EPA Green Power Community, at zero cost to you
• Residents’ power consumption is offset by Green Energy generated from renewable generation
sources located in the Midwest, for zero cost
• The City’s Carbon footprint will be significantly reduced
No one from Eligo, ComEd, or the City will ever visit your home or call you to enroll.
If a solicitor claims to be the City supplier, Eligo, or ComEd, take their information and report the incident
to the ICC at www.icc.illinois.gov/complaints. Never reveal your ComEd account number or allow a solicitor
to view your ComEd bill unless you are certain you wish to enroll with that supplier and have read all terms and
conditions. Questions? Email sdurling@NIMEC.net or leave your name and callback number at
800-727-3820, and someone will reach out to you very shortly.