The State of Illinois requires municipalities which have full-time Police Officers to sponsor an Article 3 pension plan. Under Article 3 regulations, a Board of Trustees is established to oversee the fund.
The City does not maintain Police Pension records and should contact the Zion Police Pension Fund FOIA officer.
The Board of Trustees of the Zion Police Pension Fund will conduct quarterly meetings on the following dates:
Wednesday January 17, 2018 at 6:30 PM
Wednesday April 18, 2018 at 6:30 PM
Wednesday July 18, 2018 at 6:30 PM
Wednesday October 17, 2018 at 6:30 PM
The Board of Trustees will review investments and expenses, update membership files, and conduct other business as necessary. The meeting will be held at the Zion Police Administration Building, 2101 Salem Boulevard, Zion, Illinois.
The Board consists of:
- two mayoral appointees,
- two active police officers (appointed by majority vote of active police fund members), and
- one retired police officer (appointed by majority vote of retired police fund members).
Each Board Trustee serves a two-year term on the Board and can be re-appointed or re-elected. The Board holds 4 regular meetings annually.
The Board of Trustees will:
- review investments and expenses,
- update membership files,
- hire accountants, actuaries, attorneys, investment consultants, etc. to help with the administration of the fund, and
- conduct other business as necessary.
|Board Member Name||Term Expires||Position|
|David Knabel||4/30/18||Mayor Appointed|
|Russel R. Maschek Sr.||4/30/17||Beneficiary|
|Christopher Sweeting||4/30/17||Police Force|
|Eric Barden||4/30/17||Police Force|
|Mariann Carlton||4/30/19||Mayor Appointed|
Kathy Richards will serve as Recording Secretary
Updated Feb 6, 2018