The State of Illinois requires municipalities which have full-time Police Officers to sponsor an Article 3 pension plan. Under Article 3 regulations, a Board of Trustees is established to oversee the fund.
Zion Police Pension Board
2101 Salem Blvd.
Zion, IL 60099
Click Here for FOIA InformationThe City does not maintain Police Pension records and should contact the Zion Police Pension Fund FOIA officer.
NOTICE OF MEETING
The Board of Trustees of the Zion Police Pension Fund will conduct quarterly meetings on the following dates:
Wednesday January 11, 2023 at 5:00 PM
Wednesday April 12, 2023 at 5:00 PM
Wednesday July 12, 2023 at 5:00 PM
Wednesday October 11, 2023 at 5:00 PM
The Board of Trustees will review investments and expenses, update membership files, and conduct other business as necessary. The meeting will be held at the Zion Police Administration Building, 2101 Salem Boulevard, Zion, Illinois.
The Board consists of:
- two mayoral appointees,
- two active police officers (appointed by majority vote of active police fund members), and
- one retired police officer (appointed by majority vote of retired police fund members).
Each Board Trustee serves a two-year term on the Board and can be re-appointed or re-elected. The Board holds 4 regular meetings annually.
The Board of Trustees will:
- review investments and expenses,
- update membership files,
- hire accountants, actuaries, attorneys, investment consultants, etc. to help with the administration of the fund, and
- conduct other business as necessary.
|Board Member Name||Term Expires||Position|
|David Knabel||04/30/24||Mayoral Appointed|
|Christopher Sweeting||04/30/22||Police Force|
|Paul Kehrli||04/30/22||Police Force|
|Mariann Carlton||04/30/25||Mayor Appointed|
Kathy Richards will serve as Recording Secretar
Updated June 6, 2023