City of Zion – 27th Street Resurfacing Project
REQUEST FOR QUALIFICATION (RFQ) – PHASE III ENGINEERING
The City of Zion Public Works Department (hereinafter City) is seeking Phase III Engineering Services for the 27th Street Resurfacing Project. This construction phase of the project is funded through the federal Surface Transportation Program (STP); therefore, all work must be done in accordance with STP guidelines.
The Consulting Engineer shall perform and carry out, in a professional and satisfactory manner, the necessary services required to complete the requirements included in the project. The City shall provide a qualified Liaison Engineer to assist the Consultant in City interpretations. The services to be provided related to this Request for Qualifications (RFQ) are described in the Minimum Scope of Services section of this RFQ. All work must adhere to City and Illinois Department of Transportation (IDOT) standards as required.
The Consulting Engineer shall have successfully completed a minimum of three projects of the same type and size to the 27th Street Resurfacing Project. The proposed Project Manager shall have a minimum of five years of experience in Phase III Engineering on IDOT STP projects. A list of these projects and the IDOT Area Supervisor and local agency contact for the project should be provided.
This work consists of resurfacing 27th Street (FAU 1206) from Galilee Avenue (FAU 2740) to Emmaus Avenue (FAU 2752) [4500 feet]. This project consists of removal of 4” of asphalt pavement. Pavement will then be replaced with HMA Surface Course 2” and HMA Binder Course 2.5”. This project also consists of spot patching – asphalt and concrete bases, curb and gutter removal and replacement (as necessary), sidewalk removal and replacement (as necessary), detectable warnings – ADA Accessibility, structure adjustments, and pavement striping.
The schedule on this project is critical and a team with the experience and relationship with IDOT staff to complete the design in a timely manner is key. The project is scheduled for an April 29, 2022 letting.
Minimum Scope of Services
• The selected Consultant must be familiar with the submittal requirements of IDOT BLRS.
• Familiar with IDOT Documentation
• The Consultant shall include any necessary review of submittals.
• Submittals shall include: The names and resumes of the proposed key personnel assigned to the project
• A list of a minimum of three IDOT STP projects on which the proposed project manager has successfully managed similar Phase III Engineering projects.
• Include a minimum of three references from other agencies for which the proposed project manager has successfully managed similar projects.
• A list of sub-consultants, if any, who will be used on this project.
• A detailed statement of project understanding describing the scope of the project and items that may require special attention or detail.
• No fees shall be submitted at this time.
Review and scoring of the submittals will be based on the following:
• Technical Approach – 30%
• Similar Project Experience – 20%
• Project Team/Staff Capabilities – 20%
• Overall Completeness of Submittal – 15%
• Work Load 15%
Proposal Due Date The City is requesting three paper copies and one electronic copy in PDF format on a flash drive of the Proposal be submitted no later December 3, 2021 at 12:00 PM. Based upon review of the Proposals, a fee proposal will be request from selected consultant. The Proposal should be directed to the attention of Ray Roberts, Director of Public Works & Engineering.
Proposals will be evaluated on the following criteria:
• Experiences and capability of the proposed project team
• Proposed project understanding and approach, and scope of services to be provided
If you have any questions regarding this project, please contact Ray Roberts, Director of Public Works at 847-746-4050 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
November 9, 2021 8:00AM
December 3, 2021 12:00 PM