Police Applicant Testing – Updated March 15, 2017
Zion Police Department
Police Officer Application
The Board of Fire and Police Commissioners of the City of Zion, Illinois is accepting applications for the position of police officer with the Zion Police Department.
To apply please go to www.applytoserve.com.
Sworn Police Officers: 46
All Applicants Must Meet the Following Minimum Requirements to Apply:
- U.S. Citizen;
- High school graduate or GED equivalent;
- Possess a valid driver’s license with good driving record;
- At least 21 years of age, not to exceed the age of 35, at time of application
- Successfully complete the P.O.W.E.R Test conducted through any of the following testing centers: Northeastern Illinois Public Safety Training Academy (NIPSTA) www.NIPSTA.org –OR- Joliet Junior College http://www.jjc.edu/fitness-center/pages/power-testing.aspx -OR- Triton Community College http://www.triton.edu/POWER/. A completion card must be dated within 12 months PRIOR to the written exam date (April 22, 2017).
All Applicants Moving Forward In the Process Must Meet the Following:
For additional information and to apply, please visit www.applytoserve.com
The City of Zion is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Hiring Process Steps and Timeline
The hiring process for becoming a police officer in the City of Zion involves several different phases. Please take note of the dates for the components listed below, as there will be no make-up dates. In the unforeseen event that hiring events are rescheduled, applicants will be informed via the contact information provided in their application materials. In order to take part in the hiring process, applicants must meet minimum requirements and submit all required application materials (including the application fee).
Phase 1: Submit Application (YOU ARE CURRENTLY AT THIS PHASE)
Applicants must complete and submit all application materials by April 10, 2017.
Phase 2: Orientation and Written Examination
You will receive an email from Stanard & Associates, Inc. by APRIL 19th, 2017 informing you whether or not you are eligible to move forward in the process. Should your application be accepted, provided below is the information for the next phases of the hiring process:
ORIENTATION & WRITTEN EXAMINATION INFORMATION
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
- 1. The Board of Fire and Police Commissioners will hold a MANDATORY ORIENTATION SESSION on Saturday, April 22, 2017 at 8:00 a.m. at the Zion Benton Township High School, Horizon Campus South Cafeteria, 21st Street and Kenosha Road (south entrance), Zion, Illinois. This session will last approximately 30 minutes. You must attend this orientation session. YOU MUST PRESENT YOUR DRIVERS LICENSE AT CHECK-IN.
- 2. At check-in, you must submit proof that you have successfully completed the Illinois Peace Officer Wellness Evaluation Report (POWER) Test prior to taking the written examination. You will be required to present your original POWER Test Identification Card (issued by NIPSTA, Joliet Junior College, or Triton College) to the registrar and provide one COPY of the ID card for the file. A copy machine will not be available on site on test day. The ID Card must be dated within twelve (12) months PRIOR to April 22, 2017. You will not be allowed to take the written examination unless you have satisfied this requirement.
- 3. You will be required to take a written examination following the orientation session. The written test will be administered at 9:00 a.m. at the same location as the orientation session. DO NOT BE LATE. Once the exam has begun, you will not be admitted. Minimum passing score for the written exam is 70%. Pass/fail notices of the written examination will be mailed to applicants.