Due to the recently mild weather, Advanced Disposal will suspend leaf
pickup for one week in order to allow the rest of the leaves to fall.
They will not be by the week of November 10th.
The last pickup will begin on November 17th.
There is no change in your pickup day.
Leaf collection services are now being handled
by Advanced Disposal, NOT The City of Zion
Any questions or problems,
please contact Advanced Disposal at (847) 623-3870
Beginning October 20th Advanced Disposal will vacuum loose leaves from you parkway using the below schedule. The program will run for 4 weeks
- South of Route 173 to 27th St between Sheridan Rd and Gabriel Ave, and south of 27th St between Sheridan Rd and Ezekiel Ave.
- South of Route173 to 29th St between Ezekiel Ave and Galilee Ave
and south of 29th St between Ezekiel Ave and Lewis Ave.
- North of Route 173 between Sheridan Road and Lewis Ave.
- South of Route 173 between Galilee Ave and Lewis Ave
and all residents west of Lewis Ave.
- Rake leaves within 5 feet of the curb, but not into the street.
- Leaves deposited by either wind or rake more than 5 feet from the curb cannot be collected due to the reach of the vacuum arm.
- Leaf piles MUST be clean of any garbage or debris.
- Crews cannot vacuum piles off parkways if there is a
vehicle parked in front of it.
- Once past, crews will not return for any reason.
- LEAVES WILL NOT BE VACUUMED UP IN THE ALLEY
Advanced Disposal will continue collecting leaves and other yard waste placed in bags or cans on your regularly scheduled garbage day until November 30th. Branches must comply with their policy and not be more than 2 inches in diameter per branch, bundled and tied with biodegradable string or twine and not more than 18 inches in diameter per bundle.
Please call Advanced Disposal at 847-623-3870 with any questions or concerns.
Click to Enlarge (.pdf)