2013 FALL CHIPPING PROGRAM
To All City Residents That Trim Their Own Trees
The City of Zion Public Works Department chips branches for City residents that trim their own trees twice a year: once in the spring and once in the fall. The 2013 fall schedule is as follows:
If your garbage is picked up on Mondays you must have your branches out
BY 6:00 AM, Monday, September 9th.
If your garbage is picked up on Tuesdays you must have your branches out
BY 6:00 AM, Monday, September 16th.
If your garbage is picked up on Wednesdays you must have your branches out
BY 6:00 AM, Monday, September 23rd. * Except sub-divisions west of Matthew Place
If your garbage is picked up on Thursdays you must have your branches out
BY 6:00 AM, Monday September 30th.
****ALL sub-divisions west of Matthew Place (regardless of your garbage day) must have branches out BY 6:00 AM, Monday October 7th.
****PLEASE NOTE THIS EXCEPTION:
Subdivisions will be picked up on Fridays schedule regardless of your normal garbage day so please have your branches out by 6:00 AM, Monday, October 7th.
Residents are allowed to have their branches lie out up to two weeks prior to their scheduled pick up date.
Please keep in mind, that although it will take most of the week to chip the branches in your specific area, we cannot predict the exact day of that week we will be at your house. Therefore you must have your branches out by 6:00 AM on the Monday of your scheduled week to ensure pickup.
If your branches are not out by the start of the workday on the Monday of your scheduled week and we pass your house, WE WILL NOT GO BACK, even if we are still in your area. There will be no exceptions to this policy. Please make sure you have your branches out by 6:00 AM of your scheduled Monday.
Should you miss your scheduled pickup you will be responsible to make other arrangements to dispose of your branches in a timely manner.
In order to have the branches chipped the following guidelines must be met:
- Branches should be no more than 4” in diameter.
- Stumps, logs or shrub clippings will not be collected.
- Branches will not be collected from work done by landscapers, tree contractors or other outside contractors.
- Branches should be placed neatly with the cut end facing the alley or street with piles not to exceed 4’ in height.
- Branches MUST be placed where your garbage is normally picked up.
- Branch piles shall not be collected if mixed with landscape chips, wire, paper, glass, grass clippings, lumber, concrete or other debris.
- Brush is collected from improved residential lots within the City limits only.
Public Works will continue to collect storm-damaged limbs as the need arises. Please place storm-damaged limbs out ASAP.
Advanced Disposal Services will continue collecting leaves and other yard waste placed in bags or cans on your regularly scheduled garbage day until November 30th. Branches must comply with their policy and not be more than 2 inches in diameter per branch, bundled and tied with biodegradable string or twine and not more than 18 inches in diameter per bundle.