Accounts and Finance

Welcome to the City Of Zion

Department of Accounts and Finance  

Vehicle Stickers

The city requires all vehicles that are parked overnight in the City of Zion to correctly display a valid city sticker. It doesn't matter where the car is registered; if it is parked at your home it needs a sticker.

Our stickers go on sale every odd numbered year and they are good for 2 years.

New residents just moving into town have 30 days to purchase their stickers.

Regular passenger plates are $30.00 and B-plates (trucks) are also $30.00.

Some prices vary depending on the weight of your vehicle, so please bring in your registration to help us determine the correct amount.

If you will only be staying in Zion for a month or two, you have the option of getting a Temporary Vehicle Sticker. You have only 2 Weeks AFTER getting here to be eligible for this sticker.

The fee required for a temporary sticker is $15.00. A temporary sticker is valid for a period of three (3) months or less.

Download Vehicle Sticker Form

Email us at finance@zion.il.us



Q1. I just moved into Zion, do I need a City sticker?

A1 - Yes. You have 30 days to get a sticker before the police will ticket you,
and 60 days to get it before a late fee is added to the ticket.

Q2. I just traded in my old vehicle.  What do I need to do to get a city sticker for the new vehicle?

A2 -

  • You will need to provide proof that your vehicle was traded in.  The Bill of Sale showing the details of the traded vehicle, or

  • Peel off the sticker from the vehicle before you trade it in, or if the vehicle was sold privately, bring the peeled off sticker in to purchase the new one.  In removing the sticker it may not come off the windshield whole; however, do bring in all the pieces.

  • The original receipt paid at the time the sticker for the old vehicle was purchased.

Q3.   I am on Active Military Duty do I need a City Sticker?

A3 - Yes.  Sec. 90-237. Application required.

  • (a) Every owner or operator of a motor vehicle, motorcycle or motor bicycle registered by the secretary of state to an address in the city, or who regularly keeps such vehicle situs in the city, shall file an application with the city clerk, upon a form provided by him, setting forth the name and address of the applicant and a description of the motor vehicle, motorcycle or motor bicycle for which the license is desired.
Sticker Fees are waived for active duty military personnel only.  An unexpired active duty military ID must be provided to secure the no charge status.



City of Zion, Illinois