Meet Diane Burkemper, Your Zion City Clerk
I have been a proud employee of the City of Zion since September 1990. I began my career with the City as an executive secretary in the Community/Economic Development Department. I accepted the position of Deputy City Clerk in September of 1991. In 1994, I also assumed the duties of Administrative Assistant to the Mayor. In September 2011, I was appointed as City Clerk of the City of Zion and Township Clerk for Zion Township.
I have lived in Zion since 1979. During my residency and my tenure at City Hall, I have come to believe that Zion has proven herself to be a tenacious community with a unique past and a very bright future. I am proud to call Zion home.
I have served or am currently serving:
- as a member of the Board of Directors of the Zion Historical Society.
- as Secretary/Treasurer of the Zion Jubilee Days Commission.
- as a Trustee of the Zion Fire Pension Board.
- as Recording Secretary of the Zion Board of Fire & Police Commissioners.
- as a member of the Municipal Clerks of Lake County.
- as a Deputy Registrar for Lake County Clerk’s Office.
- as a Lake Mound Cemetery Board Trustee.
I have been married to Howie since 1985. I have one daughter, Molly, and four step-children, Paul, Katie, Ryan and Joy. We have three grandchildren, Martin, Cameron, and Cayce. Howie and I have devoted a great deal of time and effort in remodeling an old home which seems to have become a nearly life-long project, but still a labor of love. In my spare time, I enjoy traveling, gardening, kayaking, and making Victorian lampshades and hypertufa pots and garden items.
I am honored to serve my fellow City employees, the Mayor and City Commissioners, and most importantly, the residents of the City of Zion. My door is always open.